This position will be instrumental in developing the processes, tools and pipelines that will enable the creation of the content for our game, Warhammer Odyssey. We are seeking that rare combination of artist and technical wizard, who possesses the skills to solve complex technical challenges within the tools and the game engine. Experience in mobile devices is an advantage but not essential, the candidate will be self-motivated, creative and ambitious.
- Work closely with the artists and team leads to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision of the game.
- Help shape and evolve art pipelines, including proprietary tools, software, plug-ins, and game technology.
- Collaborate with game designers, artists, and engineers to ensure that technical art toolset is serving the project needs.
- Ensure art assets are integrated into Unity Engine from 3DSMax/maya, meeting artistic and technical requirements.
- Identify potential and recurring workflow problems and collaborate with other developers to come up with viable solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation for tools, conventions and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the art and design teams.
- Investigates new techniques, assists in prototyping and helps other developers with technical roadblocks.
- A keen MMORPG player.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in game development serving in a technical art role.
- 3DSMax / maya (Hard-Surface Modeling / Texturing / UV Layout, Skinning / Rigging, Animation, Particle Effects, MaxScript Tool Design and Scripting)
- Photoshop Texturing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player.
- Proven problem-solving skills, along with the ability to rapidly prototype.
- Ability to step through and learn an existing codebase while adhering to an established code style.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and relentless motivation to tackle complex technical challenges.
- oral and written communication English skills as well as good instructional skills.
- Excellent self-organisation and self-motivation abilities.
- Passion and enthusiasm for online games.
- Comprehensive understanding of the games industry.
- Aligns with Company Vision and Values.